Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What is Holding You Back From Your Dreams?

This is a question that I have asked myself over the years. What is really holding me back? I tell myself that I don't know but I do know that it is a journey that I must undertake. Whatever holds us back causes us to continuously fall short of achieving our dreams. Me, well I have always been a dreamer, however, over the years I have allowed my dreams to become stifled. I am now in the process of trying to recapture that spirit that allowed me to dream. I am trying to recapture that drive that I had before that will embolden me to move forward. When you allow your dreams to die you slowly begin to die yourself. I know that we have many reasons for putting our dreams and ourselves on the back burner. I would venture to say that this is a huge contributing factor to why many of us have found ourselves overweight. Now there are always reasons...family, school, work, illness, death, moving...you can go on and on and on. However, we need to take some time to stop and realize that we cannot be good to those around us when we fail to be good to ourselves. I am not judging. I am simply stating what I have done. I have been instrumental in helping countless others achieve their dreams. I love to see those I love happy and I do whatever I can to make sure that they are. At the same time however, I put me and my dreams on the back burner. I used to feel as if it was selfish to explore my dreams and therefore they have begun to fade. But...it is not too late. I am asking you to join me. I am going to consciously start seeking my dreams once again. This does not mean that I am going to stop helping others but I will stop holding myself back. I will stop allowing my body image to hold me back. I will stop allowing others to put me last while constantly putting them first. I will continue to grow, to love, and to dream. I invite you to do the same. Let me know by leaving a comment what dream you are going to explore. Don't wait until you get thin start on it now! If you are willing to share I would love to hear it.

No comments: