Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Witnessing History

I am so full right now. I am sitting here watching the Democratic Convention. I was out all day but I came in on when they were showing Hillary Clinton moving that the votes be suspended and that Obama be nominated as the Democratic Candidate for President of the United States. It was great to see a woman who ran a great campaign for president, nominate the first Black man to be nominated by a major party to the first female Speaker of the House. It took me a second to realize the enormity of it all. I started to have tears in my eyes. Okay, okay, yes I am a cry baby but this was something to cry about. It is a good feeling.



My grandmother died a little over 2 years ago. She was 93 years old when she passed. She was born in 1913 and boy did she see some things. My grandmother was born when women could not vote. My grandmother was born when the automobile was a novelty. My grandmother was born when black men were lynched for sport. My grandmother was born when black people could only dream about something such as a Barack Obama. My grandmother would be so proud to she Barack as he stands on the cusp of taking this all the way. She always said that she would never see a Black person as President. Well she did not live to see a Black man as President but my mother will, I will and all of the little children will, and yes the world will. I am excited at the possibility of the United States being hopeful again. I am excited at the possibility of having a President that is intelligent and insightful. I am excited and I feel renewed.



I don't know about you but I want to be a part of this change. Change is strange, Change is good, Change is at times scary but change is what we need. I am excited to be able to do all that I can to make this a reality.


Go to the website to find out more.
www.barackobama.com

Go Obama!!!!!



Peace and Blessings





Nic

No comments: